A new environmental website is opening today at JogoGreen that combines the fun of participating in a game and testing your knowledge with saving trees. According to the website, for every 10 environmental questions you get right, JogoGreen will plant a tree on your behalf.
I just participated in their survey, found it to be both fun and informative and donated two trees to fight against global warming. The website is being supported by the selling of advertising and t-shirts.
Here are a few of the sample questions you may get when taking their green test:
1. True or False: Ground level air pollution from cars is estimated to cause 30,000 deaths each year.
2. True or False: Hillary Clinton’s hair spray use depletes more of the ozone layer than all of the carbon emissions combined.
3. True of False: Experts estimates that we are losing 70 plant, animal and insect species every single day due to rainforest deforestation. That equates to 25,000 species a year.
4. True or False: New home construction consumes two-fifths of all the lumber and plywood used in the U.S. each year.
5. True or False: An F16 uses more fuel in one hour than an average car owner uses in 2 years.
Of course, I’m not giving you the answers here. Sometimes the questions aren’t as dramatic as the real answers that you’ll learn once you’ve taken the test. No matter what though, this is a fun little exercise, that just takes a couple of minutes and will save trees, clean the air and empower people to take action.